Join us Wednesday nights for The Gathering - a time of food, fellowship, learning, and entertainment. It will offer meals for those who wish to eat, a chance to make new friends, programs to entertain and/or enlighten, and classes designed to enrich your life and further your Christian education.
Food will be served between 5:15 and 6:15. You can arrive anytime in that time period and enjoy yourself and fellowship with others at your table. Furthermore, there is no need to stress about whether you made your reservation. Reservations are not required for dinner, classes or childcare (0-2 years old only). The single price of the meal will still be $7, but the family price will be lowered to $15.
Menus for September
- September 13 Seasonal Salad, Chicken Pot Pie, Watermelon & Ice Cream & Sauce
- September 20 Seasonal Salad, Spaghetti & Meat Sauce, Garlic Bread, Apple Crisp
- September 27 Seasonal Salad, Flank Steak, Smashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Bread, Carrot Cake
To foster conversation around the table, you may linger in conversation as long as you wish. For those who desire a learning opportunity, programs and small group classes will be offered before and after dinner in other areas of the church. (see schedule below)
List of Classes beginning September 13:
- Being There: The Art of Visitation led by Rev. Jean Goodwin and Rev. Ed Hillman 4-5 PM, Sep. 13 & 20 (2 sessions)
- A Short Study of Paul’s Letter to the Philippians led by Tim Mendelsohn 6:30 pm, Sep. 13-Oct. 11. Each week builds on the previous week, so please plan to attend each week. (This course is full. No walk-ins please.)
- Rooted in Faith: Exploring FUMC’s home grown Mission Initiative starting on Sep 13-Oct 4, 6:30 pm (various presenters)
- Beginning Line Dancing starting on September 13, 4 pm or 6:30 pm
- The Life of John Wesley led by Pastor Mark Ralls, 3:30 pm or 6:30 pm (Two sessions - Pick one) Oct. 18-Nov. 8
- “I Don’t Know What To Say: Comforting Those Who Mourn” led by Lara McKinnis (Bereavement Team Leader, Four Seasons Hospice) & Rev. Jean Goodwin 3:30 pm, October 25
We hope you will gather with us for an experience that will preserve what many of us cherish about Wednesday evenings at FUMC. We will continue to be a church that builds loving relationships and perhaps be even more effective in our goal to provide a place where hospitality can be found.